The antibacterial effectiveness of the treatment Eco Silver Paper® – THE STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
2021-03-17 BATTERIDefendoEco Silver PaperIgieneprodottiprotezione
The antibacterial effectiveness of the treatment Eco Silver Paper® on our range of products is also tested against Gram Positives including the STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS. Why? Let we know better this bacterium.
What is Staphylococcus areus?
The Staphylococco aureus, more simply called Staphylococcus, is a Gram positive bacterium with spherical shape which originates in colonies which assume a “cluster” disposition which get a golden colour due to the presence of carotenoid pigments.
It is one of the most pathogenic and fast-transmitting bacteria and is able to give rise to several diseases.
What are the symptoms of Staphylococcus Aureus infection?
The symptomatology of infections caused by Staphylococcus Aureus can be very different depending on the pathology caused by the microorganism. Here are some of them:
- Boils and folliculitis associated with itching and pain
• Stye – inflammation of the sebaceous glands at the level of the eyelashes.
• Impetigo: serum bubbles that tend to burst
• Burned skin syndrome “skin exfoliation”
• Toxic shock syndrome: fever, vomiting, diarrhea, skin rash.
• Bacterial pneumonia
• Food poisoning
What are the causes of Staphylococcus Aureus infection?
Staphylococcus aureus infection is usually transmitted through physical contact, specifically from contaminated hands or surfaces.
The skin and mucous membranes in themselves should be a barrier to the microbe, but it manages to enter the organism – specifically between deep tissues and blood – through accidental situations such as cuts, trauma or viral infections.
How to Prevent Staphylococcus Aureus Infections?
Preventing staphylococcus infection is possible through the adoption of simple measures and putting into practice common hygiene rules, such as:
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water, especially if you have been in contact with infected people and dry them in a proven hygienic medium.
- If infection has already been contracted, avoid handling food;
- Avoid using and sharing linen, towels, objects (eg, nail clippers, razors, nail file, toothbrush, etc.) or products (eg, deodorants sticks, soaps, etc.) with other people, especially if with staph infection.
Similarly, even in hospitals and clinics, doctors, after visiting or performing examinations on patients with staph infection, should wash and dry their hands thoroughly before visiting subsequent patients.
The possibility of contracting the infection, which can potentially be transmitted even by healthy asymptomatic carriers, cannot be comp
letely excluded. For this reason it is important to follow these measures which are certainly a good method to limit the spread of the microorganism, therefore, the consequent onset of the infection.
Gram Positive bacteria can be highly pathogenic, their contamination on hands and surfaces must be countered with effective and guaranteed treatments. Eco Silver Paper® is tested in the laboratory against Gram Positives ensuring HYGIENE AND PROTECTION.