Eco Silver Paper® treatment antibacterial efficacy – The ESCHERICHIA COLI
2021-01-03 BATTERIDefendoEco Silver PaperIgieneprodottiprotezione
The antibacterial efficacy of the Eco Silver treatment Paper® on our range of products is also tested against Gram Negatives including ESCHERICHIA COLI. Why? Let we know a little better this bacterium.
What is the Escherichia coli?
Escherichia coli is an enterobacterium (that is, a beat that finds the ideal habitat in the intestines of humans and other animals). It is of GRAM Negative group. It’s an elongated bacillus-shaped cutter that can grow in the presence of oxygen or not. Its ideal temperature is between 35 and 40 C and is one of the most versatile bacteria existing in nature.
It’s an opportunistic pathogen that can multiply to its advantage and colonize entire body regions such as the intestinal flora or the urinary tract.
It produces some pretty aggressive toxins, has a very high degree of invasiveness and threatens the host deeply enough to determine cases of hemolytic uremic syndrome in which red blood cells are destroyed and renal failure occurs causing an accumulation of toxic substances in the blood.
The incubation period of Escherichia coli infection is 3 to 4 days.
What are the symptoms of Escherichia Coli infection?
The main symptoms of Escherichia Coli infection are:
- diarrheal episodes
- abdominal pain accompanied by a fever rise
The people most prone to E.Coli infection are children and the elderly. However, adults can also get sick.
What are the causes of E.Coli infection?
The E.Coli infection may come from contaminated water or food:
- fruit and vegetables not properly washed and dried,
- unpasteurised milk,
- not cooked enough meat,
- contact from person to person, especially when infected subjects do not wash and dry their hands properly.
How to prevent Escherichia Coli infections?
To avoid E.Coli infections you can take some hygienic measures such as:
- Wash your hands well and dry them with a hygienic device, before cooking, after having been in the bathroom or having touched the animals.
- Avoid unsafe foods such as raw meat and unpasteurized milk.
- Carefully wash raw foods and dry them with a hygiene device (no kitchen rags or recycled and non-decontaminated paper)
- Wash kitchen utensils thoroughly with soap, rinse and dry with a hygiene device.
- Use separate containers for each food.
- Avoid ingesting water when swimming in ponds, lakes or rivers.
Gram Negative bacteria can be pathogenic and their contamination on surfaces must be counteracted with effective and guaranteed treatments. Eco Silver Paper® is tested in laboratory against Gram Negatives ensuring HYGIENE AND PROTECTION